Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Station

"You know what," began Kevan "I saw an old abandoned train station just on the outskirts of town today."
"Did you now?" I replied as I continued crocheting my granny squares and raising an eyebrow in his general direction. 
"I did. I think it's a pity something so useful should go to waste. Do you think maybe we could buy it?" Kevan said, with an all too mischievous look of innocence about him, scuffing the toe of his chucks against the floor. I paused for a moment.
"What would we do with it?"
"Oh, I don't know. Maybe do that sort of club for vagrant artists and musicians we're always talking about. Yea, like a hostile. And we could live there too! Can't you see it?"
"It's perfect Kevan. But is it for sale?" I queried. Kevan bit back a grin as his eyes sparkled and his entire body tensed with excitement. 
"Yep! And guess what? I already got the deed!" He exclaimed. My eyes almost popped out of my head as I stared at him, all giddy and flushed. All of a sudden we both burst out laughing. We laughed until we had tears coming out of our eyes.
"You are without a doubt the craziest ginger I know! I can't believe you bought it already! How did you even know I would agree?" I exclaimed as I grabbed him by the shoulders. 
"Cause I know you're always up for a good adventure" he replied. 
"Well lucky for you I think I am. Let's move in tomorrow." 

A few months later Kevan held a large wooden sign in his hands. He held it up against the front of the building while I hammered in the final nails and we stepped back to admire our hard work. There it stood as proud as if it were our own child; "The Station". Tomorrow was opening day. All of our dreams had come to be so quickly. I couldn't wait to meet the people who would stop on in on our place, dreaming new dreams, creating masterpieces, and believing in all sorts of crazy aspirations. They would come here, to our place; to The Station. 
"C'mon." Kevan said as he headed inside. "The work has just begun." 

No comments:

Post a Comment